Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Berrie Questionnaire: Rafe Totengco, Designer


• Name:
 Rafe Totengco
• Hometown: Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
• 
Where do you live now? New York City
• 
Occupation:
 Accessories Designer, Occassional Blogger & Tweeter, Travel Writer and Social Networking Enthusiast
• Dream:
 Travel all over the world, photograph and write about my adventures.
• Favorite Place in NY:
 The Japanese Garden in the Brooklyn Botanical Garden especially during “Sakura Matsuri”, I’m transported back to Kyoto.
• Favorite Designer(s):
 Robert Geller, Engineered Garments, Mr. Hollywood, Number Nine & Junya Watanabe.
• Can't Live Without:
 Travel and Adventure (with my Leica D-Lux 3 and Ipone for documentation of course).
• In Your Pocket: Clarks Botanicals Lipbalm always!
• On your iPod: Karen O, Santigold, Le Roux, Ra Ra Riot & Phoenix.
• On your nighttable
: The Harmony Silk Factory by Tash Aw
• Favorite Blog:
 A Shaded View on Fashion by Diane Pernet
• On your Netflix queue? I just stopped my subscription. I watch way too much TV ( History & Discovery Channel, Brothers & Sisters, Project Runway, Top Chef, Glee and Mad Men)
• 
Icon? Professionally: Karl Lagerfeld, personally: My Mom
• Favorite NYC restaurant meal? Spare ribs, Vietnamese Ravioli and Duck Confit with Lychee Saketini at Indochine.
• 
Favorite place to have a drink in NY? The Boom Boom Room at the Standard Hotel or Zampa in the West Village.
• 
Favorite shop in NY?
 John Derian for gifts and Odin for clothing.
• Cab, train or walk?
 I’m a New Yorker, all 3! Whichever gets me to where I’m going faster.
• Where do you get your haircut?
 Kevin Woon at Woon Salon, I’ve been going to Kevin for over 18 years!
• One odd thing about you: Everything about me is odd, thank God!
• 
Beauty secret?:
 Hydrate, moisturize and enjoy life! Having some products from Cle de Peau & Clarks Botanicals helps too.
• Best piece of advice you've gotten? My Mom always led by example. She treats everybody with the same amount of respect, compassion and openness. One of her favorite quotes from the Bible is, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. That has served me well over the years.

1 comment: